Not in the USA?
Choose another country to see content specific to your region.


Help for Existing Customers

How does the MPLC Public Performance License for TV  and Movies work in practice?

MPLC Public Performance Licenses are very affordable, easy to buy and can be in place immediately. 

You pay us a simple, affordable annual fee based on the type and size of your site, location or business. 

You do not need to report to us, or anyone else, which TV  or movies that you show. You are free to show any licensed program at any time and without limits or restrictions.

You can use any legal media as a source of . That includes broadcast on television, DVD’s, satellite, cable TV channels or viewed from the internet. – anything that is intended to be “for personal private use only”. When you have an MPLC Public Performance License that removes the “personal private use” restriction from the media that you use.

The only restrictions are that you cannot charge an admission fee to watch movies or programs and you cannot advertise the fact that you are showing a specific film or show to anyone other than a closed group of the patrons of your licensed premises.

If you want to charge an admission fee or promote the showing of a specific film or show in a more public way then you need a Single Title Movie License, which we can also help you with.

I need a copy of an invoice

For a copy of your last or any other invoice you can use our Customer Support form, and we’ll send you one straight away.

What are the guidelines for promoting exhibitions under the Umbrella License?

You may promote exhibitions inside your facility, for example, on flyers inside the building or through direct correspondence such as an email or letter. When promoting exhibitions in this manner, you may include the title, character names or rights holder name. When promoting exhibitions to the general public, limitations apply. For example, if you promote exhibitions on a website, on a social media account, or via any publicly accessible means (e.g. newspapers, billboards), you cannot use the title, character names, or rights holder name. However, it is OK to provide this information in response to a call, text, or email.

Your questions answered

We’re here for you…