Not in the USA?
Choose another country to see content specific to your region.


Media and TV sources

Can I use DVD’s and Blu-ray videos in public spaces?

Yes, you can, but to do this legally you likely need to buy an MPLC Public Performance License which collects a small amount of money from you to pay to the content producers and Hollywood studios that made the contents of the DVD or Blu-ray that you are showing.

DVD’s and Blu-ray disks will include the text “for personal, private use only” on the packaging. When you have an MPLC Public Performance License, you can exceed that limitation as you have paid the extra amount required to show the content publicly.

MPLC Public Performance Licenses are affordable, easy to buy, and can be put in place immediately. They are the legal way to show movies and TV in a public or commercial space.

Your questions answered

We’re here for you…